"An unexamined life is not worth living."--Socrates, "Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment."--Will Rodgers



Tuesday, March 29, 2011

My Galactic Address:

Being a fan of Spyderco Knives, I've noticed that they stamp "Golden, Colorado U.S.A. Earth" on the knives they produce in the United States and this got me thinking.  As an exercise, I thought I'd try to figure out what my entire address would be from the perspective of a "galactic" postal service.  I haven't entirely researched this on the Internet yet, so I'm sure it's not complete, but this is what I have so far:

(My home address)
(My neighborhood association)
(My city)
(My state)
West coast
United States of America
Northern Hemisphere
Western Hemisphere (not sure if one would go before the other)
Planet Earth
Sol System (Is this the correct designation of our solar system?)
Solar Interstellar Neighborhood
Orion Spur
Milky Way Galaxy
Local Galactic Group (Does it have another designation?)
Virgo Supercluster
Local Supercluster (Does it have another designation?)
What comes next?

As I am attempting to stay as anonymous as possible in in this blog I didn't include my latitudinal/longitudinal coordinates, though I'm sure it would help to deliver a letter from, say,  the Andromeda Galaxy. Can you imagine having to write all this on an envelope?!

If you know that anything above is wrong and/or you can add to it, please let me know...

No comments:

Post a Comment